Seven designs that exploit the smartness of black and white
1. Balenciaga’s white linen with black sash.
2. Hermes’ strapless white-trimmed black sports frock with a little bolero lined with white.
3. Fath’s white linen, bow-fronted, with reversible black-and-white flared jacket cleverly cut to show the bow on the frock.
4. Carven’s youthful pleated white top worn over a knife-slim skirt.
5. Balmain’s low-back white pleated tulle frock with black velvet ribbon and white flowers.
6. Carven’s black velvet evening frock with white eyeleted bodice and flying panels from waist.
7. Balenciaga’s superb white pique coat with very full fluted basque over pencil-slim skirt.