She’s a Singer Fashion Mate Model 237 made in Italy. I’m naming her Fabiana.
I haven’t cleaned her up yet, but she’s still beautiful. Everything, of course, is in good working condition.
Stats & Features:
· Cast iron head with some plastic panels
· Weighs about 32 pounds
· Side loading, class 15 bobbin (bobbin case position finger at the 1 o’clock position)
· Uses standard, 15×1, household sewing machine needles
· Low shank attachments (including low shank buttonhole attachments)
· Adjustable needle position
· Adjustable stitch length and width
· Adjustable presser foot pressure
· Reverse feed
· Feed dogs drop (control knob on bed- most models)
· All metal interior working parts. No plastic gears or components
· External light
· External, belt driven motor
- Treadle conversion capable. The fashion mate is mountable in a standard Singer table or treadle base. This one is mounted in a plastic case, as most were sold this way.
Here’s the manual